GAS MILELAGE AND GENERAL MAINTENANCE TIPS
Routine maintenance is the key to keeping a vehicle running and performing like new for years, yet it is the most neglected.
Basic Check list
· Check for low or dirty engine oil.
· Check for low tire pressure.
· Check cooling system-belts, hoses and anti-freeze level.
· Check your air filter.
· Check you winshield wipers and washer fluid level.
· Dirty air filters - Replacing a clogged air filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent, saving about 20 cents or more a gallon.
· Out of tune vehicle- worn plugs, wires and other ignition components can cause rough idling and poor fuel economy.
· Under inflated tires -Tire pressure should be checked once a month. Low tires can cost a mile or two per gallon.
·Loose the junk in the trunk- each 100 pounds of extra weight drops milelage up to two percent. ·Excessive idling- when your vehicle is sitting and running it gets no mile per gallon. ·Dirty fuel injectors- performance, fuel economy and emissions are all going to suffer.
The AMSOIL Solution
· AMSOIL synthetic motor oils are durable and resists sludge, varnish and other by-products of high-temperature degradation. With no deposits to foul them, engines stay cleaner longer for top performance and efficiency and maximum service life.
· AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters have the best efficiency rating in the industry. Ea Oil Filters feature advanced full synthetic nanofiber technology, making them the highest efficiency filters that are available for the auto/light truck market.
· AMSOIL Ea Air Filters are the most efficient filters available to the car/light truck market. Ea Air Filters’ synthetic nanofiber media removes 5 times more dust than traditional cellulose filter media alone and 50 times more dust than wet gauze filter media. Absolute Efficiency, Better flow, More Capacity and longer service life.
· AMSOIL Performance Improver Gasoline Additive is the most potent gasoline additive available today.
AMSOIL PI maximizes fuel efficiency by dissolving and removing fuel system deposits and other contaminants for improved power and overall performance.
· NGK is the world leader in spark plugs and plug wires for both original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and the aftermarket. AMSOIL offers NGK spark plugs and plug wires for auto/light truck, powersports, auto racing and small engine applications.
· AMSOIL also carries a complete line of synthetic transmission fluids, gear lubes, greases and other products to help get the maximum power, performance and fuel efficiency out of your vehicle.